You grew in our hearts...

You grew in our hearts...
YOU GREW IN OUR HEARTS...

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Very Exciting News!!!

About three weeks ago we received a call from our agency that we were in Children's Court waiting for the birth parents final interview. This was good news for us, but still a little unsure that anything could fall through. We were also told that the deadline for I600 families had been extended until June 1st and there were approximately 75 families in all US agencies left who filed I600's and we were one of them. Our representatives in Haiti were rushing to get our case through to meet this deadline. Today we received an email and a phone call that we are OUT of Children's Court and the referral should be very, very soon! We are very excited and it seems almost unreal. It's been 25 long months in IBESR.  Below is the email from our agency:

Good afternoon Will and Amorie,
 
I just called and left Amorie a voice mail on her cell phone but wanted to follow up with an e-mail.
 
I just got off the phone with Silvia and Daniel for our monthly updates for cases so I can write our program update for families. I also at this time ask them for specific updates for cases if they have any new information.  They indicated to me today that your case is completed with the children’s judge and the file has been sent to IBESR for the official match.  IBESR in doing the final review prior to matching has requested the crèche to rectify some of the child’s documents before making the referral.  Silvia said that this is being worked on now and then we should receive the referral.  She anticipates this will be completed before the new June deadline IBESR has set for transitional cases.
 
Thought you would want to know.
 
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. 
 
Angela Jackson, MA
Program Coordinator
Carolina Adoption Services  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 comments

    Add a comment as Amorie Parker
    Top comments
    Stream

    Brandi Osborne4 days ago - Shared publicly

    Hi Amorie, we are a CAS family from NC also. We entered IBESR in October 2014, but are and I 800 family . I've been praying for you guys and hope everything goes smoothly. I would love to connect with you sometime! 



    1
    · Reply

    Amorie Parker3 days ago




    Hi Brandi! Thank you for reaching out to me! It's really cool to meet others from CAS, so I'm happy you found me. Not sure where your located, but we are in Morrisville, right outside of Cary. Let's definitely connect, so one day when we get our kids home we can do things together. I'm also on Facebook. I will be praying for you guys as well and all the other CAS families. This wait is extremely hard.
    Read more

    Brandi Osborne3 days ago - Shared publicly

    We are located in Locust, right outside of Charlotte. So there is a little distance between us, maybe we could meet in the middle. I'm not on Facebook,only Instagram, but I'll leave you my email address and we can share information through email if you're OK with that. It's Brandi.osborne@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon!



    1
    · Reply

    Farrah Albertie1 month ago - Shared publicly

    Congrats!!! I am only 4.5 waiting in IBESR. But it is promising that it soes eventually happen :) I hope you post about your bonding trip



    1
    · Reply

    Amorie Parker1 month ago




    Thank you Farrah! I will def continue to give updates for those who are thinking of adopting or are in the process as well. Keep me posted on your progress as well :)

    Farrah Albertie1 month ago




    +Amorie Parker I will. If you want you can follow our journey here: http://myhaitiadoption.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are using Silvia and Daniel too.

    ReplyDelete

Our Haiti Adoption Video 2013-2017