You grew in our hearts...

You grew in our hearts...
YOU GREW IN OUR HEARTS...

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

On to MOI and Passport

Last week was my fourth trip back to Haiti since receiving our referral in July. This time I took my mom and sister with me so they could meet Jameson. My mom was really nervous, but she survived! When we got to MDA, the orphanage director, Gladys told me that we officially had our "Judgement" and Jameson was legally our son! She said that if we wanted he would be allowed to sleep with us in our room during our stay. Later that evening she said our file had been moved to MOI, which is still part of the judiciary process, but closer to getting Jameson's passport. Assuming this is all true, I think we may be about 4-5 months out to homecoming. I plan on trying to get some confirmation on this update soon. This part of the process is a little blurry because there are so many steps, but your not really told when your file moves to each step.

My sister meeting Jameson for the first time


Otherwise, I had a really good time during our visit. Jameson was more outgoing than ever! We were able to take him to the pool one day and to the beach the following day. He loves the pool, but hates the ocean. He was afraid to put his feet in the water:) The beach was really beautiful and the weather was nice. It was good to get out and see different parts of Haiti.

My sister, mom, and Jameson

Me and my sister Austin
It was really hard to leave this trip :( I think this was my last visit until it's time to pick him up. I left several outfits and two pairs of shoes with his nanny. Hopefully he will be able to wear these for a couple months. The days go by very slow, but we are now looking at starting his bedroom and we also created a couple registries for a shower my sister is hosting for me in May. Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions. I like meeting new people who are in the process or completed.

8 comments:

  1. My wife and I are considering a Haitian adoption and we need some practical and sensible advice from some on who has survived the process. We are New Orleans residents, attorneys and have no children of our own. Would you be available for call to discuss your experience? Please let me know. If you would be willing, you can email me at dylan@dylanutley.com. We could then set up a phone call. I promise not to take much of your time. We just need some information so that we can determine if we can go forward. Thank you for your time and I wish you happiness with your young Jameson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dylan, I would be happy to set up a time to discuss our adoption experience! I'll send you an email. Thanks for contacting me!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog, I have been trying to find current Haiti adoption blogs as my family and I are just submitting our application so we are in the very beginning stages. It has helped to go back and read what your process has been like and I am excited to see how and when you get to bring your boy home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi, thank you and congrats on starting your Haiti adoption journey! It's a life changing experience. Some of the processes have changed since we started, but if you have any questions let me know. Also, if your on Facebook, the Haiti Adoption Facebook group is a great place to meet others and ask questions as well :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! We also received our judgement this week and moved to MOI! We are so ready for our boys to be home. I know you loved having your family meet your son! I can't wait for our sons to meet our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Are you adopting siblings, how old are they? I am so ready to have Jameson home as well. The days are moving so slow. Has your agency given you a timeline from this point until homecoming? I think we are looking at another 4 months or so, without any hiccups.

      Delete
    2. We are adopting sibling brothers, 7 and 4. We haven't gotten an updated timeline since entering MOI, but we are estimating 6 months...4 months would be awesome! Unfortunately, we have been on the longer end of most phases.

      Delete
  4. Took me time to understand all of the comments, but I seriously enjoyed the write-up. It proved being really helpful to me and Im positive to all of the commenters right here! Its constantly nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I am certain you had enjoyable writing this write-up. Commercial Contractor

    ReplyDelete

Our Haiti Adoption Video 2013-2017